Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer Again??

Where does the time go? It just seems to fly away. I have received my Alphabet Zoo RR back from Evalina with two more blocks (N & T) stitched. Thanks so much, Evalina. They look wonderful!

Only three more blocks to go - I'm cutting it really close with the thread, so I hope it lasts...

We are still renovating; yep, close to nine months now with some breaks in between. At the moment, our bathroom has essentially been gutted and we're starting over. And we're getting ready to adopt the renovator and add him to the family. LOL

My mom is all settled in at the house now, though she's been in the hospital with a few issues. Overall, she's doing well.
And as for me, stitching is practically nil at the moment. DH has been on a special diet and has lost ~30 lbs. so far - in about 5-6 weeks, I might add...aargh - men! It's so much easier for them. :)

I've decided to take a break from blogging for a little while. I find myself with very little computer time at the moment and this summer is going to be busy again. I hope to check back on some of your blogs periodically to see how everyone is doing and plan to be back again in a few months. Hope you all have a great summer and take care.

20 comments:

Cristina said...

You too, have a very good summer and your piece looks gorgeous.

Parsley said...

It's AWESOME!

Gabi said...

Wishing you a great Summer with as little stress as possible. And looking forward to see you back into stitching and blogging when you got more time on your hands :)

Your Alphabet Zoo looks fantastic. Crossing fingers here that your floss will last.
9 month of renovating..gosh I feel for you. Hopefully there will be an end in sight.
Hope your mum is doing well and arrgghh indeed for your husband. I mean it's great that he lost so much weight - but why do men loose weight so much easier and faster then women???

mdgtjulie said...

You have a good summer too Carolyn. Good luck with your round robin. Try and peek in a few times and show some photos!!

Kathy A. said...

Have a great summer Carolyn. Will miss you around the blogs.
We are looking at renovating our bathroom and I am just not looking forward to it.
Would you like a stitcher to do one of those last few blocks? I would be happy to stitch one for you.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Hey! So glad to see you posting. Your sampler is really pretty. I've missed being notified with your updates - don't know why? Glad you're nearing the end of the reno - and glad your mom is doing well and moving in - probably makes it simpler for you all. You have a great summer!

Pike said...

Enjoy your break from blogging, but don't forget stitching :)

Have a great summer!!!

Yvonne..... said...

Your alphabet piece looks great. Keeping my fingers crossed you make it to the end with your thread.

cross stitch kits said...

wow! Looks like a huge design, well done, it looks fabulous!

Nancy M said...

Your RR looks great! Won't be long and it should be done! I didn't realize you were still in the remodel mode! Guess you're jealous mine is done except for carpet (which came too short and had to be ordered again) and little accessories! I believe yours was a bit more involved than mine though! The end is near...... :-)

Vikki Gable said...

LOL sounds like you have a Elden from Murphy Brown! Good luck with all the renovations. I'm sure it will all be well worth it!.

Karen said...

The RR is gorgeous!! I hope there's enough thread to get it done - it looked like a LOT when it was here, but then, I was first :)

I plan to stay inside and NOT swelter this summer - I'm already hot, and it's only June 1st :(

Siobhán said...

Beautiful progress, Carolyn! It sounds like a super busy time for you. Enjoy your summer!

Vinniey said...

gosh.. 9 months of house renovation? I hope it will end soon. Glad to hear that your mom is doing well and back home. Enjoy your break and have a wonderful summer. :)

CameoRoze said...

Gosh, this is looking GREAT! So close to completion. Go, Carolyn!

Brigitte said...

This project looks so great, maybe you have finished it in the meantime.
Wishing you a great summer.

Bette said...

Having just finished renovating our kitchen, I know how you feel. But it will be so worth it in the end. Enjoy your summer.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Miss you Carolyn, Hope your summer is going well.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Enjoy your Summer and your blogging break.

Pam said...

Love your blog, Carolyn! And the pictures from Germany ~ WOW!!! I'm so glad y'all had a great trip.

I'll be sure to stop by your blog often to catch up with you. Now, that's sad isn't it? We're next door neighbors and hardly see each other. We are two busy women!

Love your cross-stitch creations you show here on your blog. Hmmm, I used to love to do that once upon a time. Perhaps my time will come again....some day.

Sweet Blessings to you!
Pam