Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympic Fever



Yes, I admit it, I'm an Olympic junkie. I can watch it till the wee hours of the morning. Speaking of the Olympics, did anyone see the swimming relay 4 X 100 freestyle Sunday? It was absolutely awesome. It was so close, no one even knew who had won until the officials put it up. We were all screaming and yelling, because the US anchor man-Lezak was behind until the last 5 metres and just poured it on. Then yesterday the men's gymnastics did so well and the US swimmers were unbelievable. Pretty cool to watch.
Hearing the stories behind the athletes and seeing them all compete is so inspiring. Hearing our national anthem played is very moving to me. Go USA!
I've included my progress pics on Wedding and Quilting. Seems to be slow going. But I keep stopping to watch the athletes - what can I say? :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Both looking good!

Michele said...

We love the Olympics too! Just wish I didn't have to work days! lol .. The swimmers are doing incredible!

Rene la Frog said...

I have Olympic fever too and can't wait for it to come on each night. I've even been watching the reruns late night and today watched Basketball which I normally will pass up.

BTW your stitching looks great.

Unknown said...

I love watching the Olympics! I have even managed to see them personally three times, 1984 in LA, 1996 in Atlanta and 2002 in Salt Lake City. Love them love them. The relay was awsome and so were the mens gymnastics.

Gabi said...

Lovely stitching...and I love watching the Olympics too.

Nancy M said...

It's much easier to stitch with baseball on!! You have done some nice stitching while still trying to watch!!

Unknown said...

I love the Olynpics too. I watch as much as I can and I have even been to three games personally, 184 in LA, 1996 in Atlanta and 2002 in Salt Lake City. Even better to see in person!
You have made some nice progess on your stitching too.
Heidi-ILCS

Gizburg's Stitchy Girl said...

Those are looking great!

My kitty Kevinne has been especially evil the past few days- jus thought I'd share. Ever notice how less innocent a 'kitten' becomes the first time you watch them torture something to an early heart attack, or is it just me?